M/T Broken Pinkies
6 brushes… worth loosing a finger over! Seriously… they are that good!
These have synthetic bristles and can be used with 1-shot, acrylics, oils, and any other paint you can dream up… trust me, I have tried it.
- MULLET – Long bristles, 1/4 flat that is Great for lettering, filling, etc… (Series #M/T – Mullet)
- SCRUBBY – Short bristles, 1/4 flat blender and all around useful brush. (Series #M/T – Scrubby)
- SCRIPTY – Long bristles, square lettering brush with a million uses. (Series #M/T – Scripty)
This series is a full synthetic filament mixture.
- PICK UP LINE – Long sharp bristles, this is an Amazing outliner. (Series #M/T – Pick Up Line)
- POINTY – Super fine detail brush and outliner… I use it for everything. (Series #M/T – Pointy)
- STUBBY – This is basically a #2 round with infinite uses. (Series #M/T – Stubby)
This set is basically all of the brushes missing from my last 2 brush sets. I am always finding a reason to add brushes to my box and these took me almost 2 years to develop and perfect…
not to mention that they are FLORESCENT PINK!
What else could you ask for?!?
The long awaited follow up to his sold out 'SQUATCH WHISKERS 000 striping brushes. The HIPPIE TRIPLE is a 000 size brush with full length hair. These bad boys handle like a sports car and carry enough paint to actually get some lines thrown down without having to re-load. This is a real striping brush that happens to make really fine lines.
QM Grey Quill with a pink Lacquered Handledesigned by Paul Quinn The "extended" quill for curley q's, stripes and letters of all types. Available in sizes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10 - SEVERAL NEW SIZES (see chart below)
The Virus II is made of a soft golden synthetic hair. Designed by "Dave the Letterman" to appease the small crowd of painters who thought the original virus was a touch too stiff. So we decided to make the brush with the same specifications as the original but with a golden synthetic hair that is a little softer. This brush will still be used for the same applications of scroll and script work. Available in sizes 0, 1, 2 & 4 Series 444VII This series is a full synthetic filament mixture.
The conversation to introduce a liner and scroller/pinstriper was discussed for quite a while before it finally became a reality. We tried many different blends of hair whether it is natural, mixed or full synthetic. Von Dago decided on a full synthetic which is our synthetic sable. This is the latest and greatest synthetic on the market today! It is unusual in the fact that it absorbs the paint and flows off the fibers in a controlled manner. This hair absorbs like a sponge. I knew we were on to something when Von Dago, a natural hair enthusiast, fell in love with this synthetic. This brush is offered in sizes 00 thru 2. Available in sizes 00,0,1,2 This series is a full synthetic filament mixture.
Tom Kelly's grandfather, O.Z. Crozier, (aka) "The Baron" of Baron Roth & Kelly started striping wagons and buggies for the Studebaker Bros. in the early 1900's. He then striped at the Ford Motor Co. for over 25 years through the 20's-30's and part of the 40's. In the early 50's when striping returned to cars in a custom style, I asked the Baron to stripe my friend's car and he did. My grandfather thought it might be good to go into business striping and he asked me, Kelly, to work with him, so I did. I've been striping every day for the last 53 years. The only brush the Baron and I have ever used is a #1 & #2 Mack Sword Striper from the Andrew Mack Brush Co. For all the new stripers coming into the business, don't be afraid to use a larger brush, you can do anything the smaller brush can do, but the larger brush will go further on a single load of paint. Available as a set or individual sizes 1 & 2
Introducing the Big Dog.
This brush is similar to Mike's 1/2" Flat Brush above, but twice as big. A full 1" for those really big murals!For years I tried to paint pictorials with conventional sign brushes, but just didn't get the effect I wanted, not to mention the abuse I put my brushes through! The Black Gold Lavallee/Mack Series are the answer to that problem! If any of these Black/Gold Taklon Brushes get crimped or bent during shipment or storage, they can usually be straightened with boiling hot water. These brushes are also great for any water based paints, as well as, your lettering enamels! If you use them with enamels, just clean and oil them just like your lettering and striping brushes.
- If you are using them with water based paints, just wash them with mild soap and water.
- Don't mix oil and water. These brushes are affordable enough to buy a set for each.
- I'm very proud of these brushes, that's why I have my name on them!!
Mack's new Black Widow ScrollerThe Wizard Black Widow is the latest scrolling brush from Mack Brush and Steve "The Wizard" Chaszeyka. Developed for maximum control and response, to the specs of a veteran scroll striper, it holds the line and delivers beautiful results. If you use scroll striping, you'll love this brush! Available in sizes 000, 00, 0, 1 & 2
- The 1/2" or Flat Brush is used for laying in larger areas of background colors, such as, sky, mountains, etc., and also for super dry brush slash effects that are very popular in the automotive paint business.
- The Shader is a smaller version of the 1/2" and is used for smaller details like rocks, trees, feathers, etc.
- The Dagger (my personal favorite!) is used for a multitude of things such as long quill like strokes, tall grasses, trees, also straight lines. Just experiment with this one!
- The Fan Brush can be used for rendering fur, bush, trees, water, etc.
- The Detailer is used for all tiny strokes like individual hairs, small feathers, etc. Also, I like to use it to do broken outlines around my dry brush strokes and lettering.