Long Bob Pinstriping and Scrolling Brush (LB)
This brush offering, is a modification of the Bobbo Super Quad. We are using the same mixture of hair that is offered in the Bobbo, which is a black synthetic and blue squirrel blend, but with extended hair lengths of 1 3/4″ to 2″. We have had great success with the Bobbo brush, and have had requests for a longer hair length version. With the mixture of hair that is used, this provides medium versatility for enamels as well as urethanes without compromising performance. The smaller sizes offer intricate design work capabilities coupled with tight cornering. As you progress to the higher sizes the brush will allow you to do longer line work with thicker consistent line quality. These brushes will offer the individual a high quality striper, outliner, and scroller.
Available in sizes 000, 00, 1 & 2
The conversation to introduce a liner and scroller/pinstriper was discussed for quite a while before it finally became a reality. We tried many different blends of hair whether it is natural, mixed or full synthetic. Von Dago decided on a full synthetic which is our synthetic sable. This is the latest and greatest synthetic on the market today! It is unusual in the fact that it absorbs the paint and flows off the fibers in a controlled manner. This hair absorbs like a sponge. I knew we were on to something when Von Dago, a natural hair enthusiast, fell in love with this synthetic. This brush is offered in sizes 00 thru 2. Available in sizes 00,0,1,2 This series is a full synthetic filament mixture.
Synthetic detail brushes are no comparison to the natural hair and pointed detail brush of the new Micro Script brush. You will get the finest little lines and delicate touches you didn't even believe were possible. It is the brush you will fall in love with for all the little things you do. Available in sizes 3/0, 2/0, 0, 1 & 2
Blue Squirrel - Grey Handle"If you use scroll striping, you'll love this brush! After 30 years of scrolling we've developed what I think is the finest brush available for this style. It gives beautiful controlled lines that respond exactly to your movements without the slightest hesitation, splitting or fraying in the turns. It holds its line throughout the pattern and gives you more response - like the most expensive brushes used for scrolling. I recommend this for beginners as well as seasoned veterans of this style." - Steve Chaszeyka Available in 3 sizes Steve is also featured in our Pinstripers Hall of Fame: Award #9
A Brush Designed Just For Pinstripers!
100% Unmixed Blue Squirrel Hair
- Handcrafted and shaped as it was many years ago
- Extra attention given To quality control with respect to shape and cleaning
- The very finest grade of blue squirrel
- Blue thread ferrule
"The Rhino Fitch was developed to have the softness to paint on smooth surfaces, hold a good amount of paint, keep their snap, but have the stiffness to work on rough surfaces such as coating sandblasted signs and wall lettering and pictorials. They are great for blending, lettering, stippling, faux finishes, cutting clean lines and pictorial painting on any surface. True to its namesake this brush is tough and durable." -- Gary Anderson Bloomington Design Available in 6 sizes (see chart below) Series 4080 & 4085
This new brush is a "work horse!" It's designed for long stripes. The squirrel hair comes from China and it is softer than the traditional Siberian squirrel hair. This is the same hair we use in our #10 Original Mack Striping Brush. It's a very "fast" brush and lays out long lines. DeWayne is also featured in our Pinstripers Hall of Fame: Award #24 Series 1310
- The 1/2" or Flat Brush is used for laying in larger areas of background colors, such as, sky, mountains, etc., and also for super dry brush slash effects that are very popular in the automotive paint business.
- The Shader is a smaller version of the 1/2" and is used for smaller details like rocks, trees, feathers, etc.
- The Dagger (my personal favorite!) is used for a multitude of things such as long quill like strokes, tall grasses, trees, also straight lines. Just experiment with this one!
- The Fan Brush can be used for rendering fur, bush, trees, water, etc.
- The Detailer is used for all tiny strokes like individual hairs, small feathers, etc. Also, I like to use it to do broken outlines around my dry brush strokes and lettering.
- Finest quality squirrel hair
- Thread wound
- Lacquer resistant
- Thread ferrule is dark green