Three Piece Brush Set (M/T 3 Piece Set)
The new 3 piece paint brush set
Which is a larger version of the ” SLIM” from the original set. The five speed is basically a #5 script / scroll brush as the slim was basically a #3 or so.
Which is a larger version of the “LIL BIT MORE” … it’s a little longer and fatter so it has a ton of uses… seriously.
This is a completely new brush… it is Amazing for outlining, details, med. to long lines within an illustration.
Introducing the Big Dog.
This brush is similar to Mike's 1/2" Flat Brush above, but twice as big. A full 1" for those really big murals!For years I tried to paint pictorials with conventional sign brushes, but just didn't get the effect I wanted, not to mention the abuse I put my brushes through! The Black Gold Lavallee/Mack Series are the answer to that problem! If any of these Black/Gold Taklon Brushes get crimped or bent during shipment or storage, they can usually be straightened with boiling hot water. These brushes are also great for any water based paints, as well as, your lettering enamels! If you use them with enamels, just clean and oil them just like your lettering and striping brushes.
- If you are using them with water based paints, just wash them with mild soap and water.
- Don't mix oil and water. These brushes are affordable enough to buy a set for each.
- I'm very proud of these brushes, that's why I have my name on them!!
- The 1/2" or Flat Brush is used for laying in larger areas of background colors, such as, sky, mountains, etc., and also for super dry brush slash effects that are very popular in the automotive paint business.
- The Shader is a smaller version of the 1/2" and is used for smaller details like rocks, trees, feathers, etc.
- The Dagger (my personal favorite!) is used for a multitude of things such as long quill like strokes, tall grasses, trees, also straight lines. Just experiment with this one!
- The Fan Brush can be used for rendering fur, bush, trees, water, etc.
- The Detailer is used for all tiny strokes like individual hairs, small feathers, etc. Also, I like to use it to do broken outlines around my dry brush strokes and lettering.
The new Domini-Quinn striping brush takes its cues from the legendary "Dominican", arguably one of the finest brushes to ever lay a line. Mack Brush has teamed up with Paul Quinn to recreate this brush of legend! From the length of the hair to its ultra thin ferrule, this brush pulls lines with the precision of a razors edge! Available in sizes 00, 0, & 1
Mixture Of Squirrel & Taklon
- XXS - Similar to a Size #2 Graduated Quill
- XS - Similar to a Size #3 Graduated Quill
- S - Similar to a Size #4 Graduated Quill
- M - Similar to a Size #6 Graduated Quill
- L - Similar to a Size #8 Graduated Quill
- XL - Similar to a Size #10 Graduated Quill
The long awaited follow up to his sold out 'SQUATCH WHISKERS 000 striping brushes. The HIPPIE TRIPLE is a 000 size brush with full length hair. These bad boys handle like a sports car and carry enough paint to actually get some lines thrown down without having to re-load. This is a real striping brush that happens to make really fine lines.
The Trickster is a striper with a handle length of 4-1/4". Jim Norris helped design this brush and with his sign painting background likes the longer length of a brush handle. For the stripers that prefer a shorter handle the modification is quick and easy. The striper is made of pure blue squirrel hair and has a length out of 2-1/4". The long length of the hair allows the brush to carry a good load of paint for a long distance. You can stand the brush up on the tip to create super fine lines even with the larger sizes. Available in sizes 00, 0 & 1
The Jenson's Swirly Q brush is designed for scroll striping and script lettering with enamel based paints. Scroll striping requires thinner paint. If mineral spirits were to be used, the paint would run easier. I recommend using a slow drying automotive reducer for thinning enamel based paints. These can be purchased at your local autobody supply. Clean the brush thoroughly with reducer before and after each use. Never use lacquer thinner! Always store your brush in mineral oil between uses. - Gary Jenson Both Sizes Have The Same Diameter. However The JS-1 is 1 7/16" Out and The JS-2 is 1 11/16" Out. Available in 2 sizes