Monster Stix (M/T)
After more than a year of development, we are super stoked to have a hand full of the coolest and most versatile paint brushes we have ever offered. For this set, Jeral consulted with one of the most well rounded painters he has ever know… his wife Sarah. With her input, the set was elevated to a whole new level. This 7 pc. set (Better Half, Big Filly, Shady, Foxy, Super Slim, Lil’Filly, Monkey Whisker) is the next step in our collective painting evolution. Long lines, tiny details, smooth shading, and just plain ole rocking it out… these bad boys have got you covered.
This series is a full synthetic filament mixture.
Mixture Of Squirrel & Taklon
- XXS - Similar to a Size #2 Graduated Quill
- XS - Similar to a Size #3 Graduated Quill
- S - Similar to a Size #4 Graduated Quill
- M - Similar to a Size #6 Graduated Quill
- L - Similar to a Size #8 Graduated Quill
- XL - Similar to a Size #10 Graduated Quill
- The 1/2" or Flat Brush is used for laying in larger areas of background colors, such as, sky, mountains, etc., and also for super dry brush slash effects that are very popular in the automotive paint business.
- The Shader is a smaller version of the 1/2" and is used for smaller details like rocks, trees, feathers, etc.
- The Dagger (my personal favorite!) is used for a multitude of things such as long quill like strokes, tall grasses, trees, also straight lines. Just experiment with this one!
- The Fan Brush can be used for rendering fur, bush, trees, water, etc.
- The Detailer is used for all tiny strokes like individual hairs, small feathers, etc. Also, I like to use it to do broken outlines around my dry brush strokes and lettering.
Mack's new Black Widow ScrollerThe Wizard Black Widow is the latest scrolling brush from Mack Brush and Steve "The Wizard" Chaszeyka. Developed for maximum control and response, to the specs of a veteran scroll striper, it holds the line and delivers beautiful results. If you use scroll striping, you'll love this brush! Available in sizes 000, 00, 0, 1 & 2
Don't let the name of this brush fool you!This is a very capable and useful brush made for long lines and a superb brush for design work, and an excellent choice for outlining flames, graphics, etc. After 17 years of using Cosmos then DaVinci 700 long liners for all of my line work I noticed the dreaded "hair falling out syndrome" then the shape consistently changing as the selling price of these brushes continued to rise. All the while always having to grab my trusty Mack blue wrap (series 10) for my design work or any time I had flames or graphics with lots of turns. I'd finally had enough. So teaming up with Mack Brush Company to develop a brush that combined the best of both worlds the Peewee 800 LongLiner was born! This wasn't a one time "hey make a brush like this guys" type of thing. It took many tries and quite a few design changes to ensure the "butterknife" or "sword" shape was just right, not to mention the hair count was refined to maximize the paint carrying abilities for those long lines this brush was intended for. In a nutshell, this is a highly refined Mack Series 10 built with a purpose, and with being a Mack rest assured it will be a workhorse that won't let you down! Available in sizes: 00, 0 & 1
QM Brown Quill with a plain Lacquered Handle
designed by Paul QuinnThe "extended" quill for curley q's, stripes and letters of all types. Available in sizes 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, 16 - SEVERAL NEW SIZES (see chart below)
QM Grey Quill with a pink Lacquered Handledesigned by Paul Quinn The "extended" quill for curley q's, stripes and letters of all types. Available in sizes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10 - SEVERAL NEW SIZES (see chart below)
The new 3 piece paint brush set
Five Speed:Which is a larger version of the " SLIM" from the original set. The five speed is basically a #5 script / scroll brush as the slim was basically a #3 or so.
Heavy:Which is a larger version of the "LIL BIT MORE" ... it's a little longer and fatter so it has a ton of uses... seriously.
One-Liner:This is a completely new brush... it is Amazing for outlining, details, med. to long lines within an illustration.
The conversation to introduce a liner and scroller/pinstriper was discussed for quite a while before it finally became a reality. We tried many different blends of hair whether it is natural, mixed or full synthetic. Von Dago decided on a full synthetic which is our synthetic sable. This is the latest and greatest synthetic on the market today! It is unusual in the fact that it absorbs the paint and flows off the fibers in a controlled manner. This hair absorbs like a sponge. I knew we were on to something when Von Dago, a natural hair enthusiast, fell in love with this synthetic. This brush is offered in sizes 4/0,2/0,0,2,4 & 6. Available in sizes 4/0, 2/0,0,2,4,6 This series is a full synthetic filament mixture.